shower stall and large ceramic tiles

Old 02-08-08, 05:03 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
shower stall and large ceramic tiles

(see my post shower stall and 16 inch tile floor ) My general contractor just called to say that the grout was "not an exact match" and has "started to haze". So, he says, it needs 7 days to "harden" before it gets sealed with glaze. My problem: I have waited nearly two months for this shower to get finished for one reason or another. Now, I have oversized 18" tiles on base of stall (2 1/2 tiles by 3 1/2 tiles) which have an irregular appearance where they meet the walls, and a couple of tiles protruding 1/2" away from wall. Can someone tell me if the grout need 7 days to cure before the hazing is removed and the grout sealed? Seems to me the contractors have gotten themselves another job but I could be wrong. Thanks.

Old 02-09-08, 07:51 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
The haze should have been removed as it hazed over. I was not a fan of the large tile from the beginning. The grout in the joints should cure for a day or two, but a week sounds like a vacation in Bermuda.

Old 03-29-08, 11:53 AM
Well my shower is finally finished. Pics are at address at bottom of this post. Sorry for the poor quality - too much glass & flash I guess. It was a long haul and not the cheapest projects relatively speaking. But, apart from the floor and the door gap which needed an acrylic strip to close, I am pleased with the outcome. And much thanks again to member Chandler for his advice.
http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/j...=shower001.jpg

Old 03-29-08, 12:44 PM
Hi lansur,

Your link does not work here, could you please try again?

Thank you so much!

Connie

(I may as well mention, while I'm waiting for the 28 seconds left before I post, I'm surprised the tile setter was able to get the correct angle and slope with those large tile!)

Old 03-29-08, 03:12 PM
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
Connie: try this one. I got it via PM. http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/j...=shower001.jpg

Old 03-29-08, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
That's a nice looking shower...gotta block this link from my wife!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: