Proper height for utility tub drain

Old 02-08-08, 09:01 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Proper height for utility tub drain

I have a closet that used to have a washer and dryer in it, apparently. There is a recessed box that has a hot and cold water spigot, and a 2" ABS drain pipe that is 45" above the floor. I have access to that drain pipe (luckily) behind that wall. I want to tap into it, and install a tee in that vertical drain pipe, and have the hole come through the wall directly under that drain, so I can hook up a drain and p-trap to a utility tub I want to install there. I have three questions: 1) Is there a standard height off the floor for that drain hole placement? 2) Should the tee be 2" x 2" x 1 1/2" for the leg that sticks out of the wall, or should that leg only be 1 1/4"? 3) I can use a regular sanitary tee, can't I? In other words, I don't need a special long sweep tee or anything special, do I?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-08, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
For a Mustee brand laundry tub and many others the height is roughly 14 inches off the floor. When you tie into the pipe in the wall, you will have to tear out the trap that was used for the laundry. You dont want to double trap (illegal in most places). A 2x1-1/2x2 tee would be fine. Good luck!