Where to buy a non white toilet

Old 02-12-08, 07:09 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Where to buy a non white toilet

Anyone have any idea where I can pick up a beige (almond) elongated toilet without spending a fortune? I stopped by Lowes and Home Depot today and out of 20 models, 2 were beige. 1 was a round bowl, the other was elogated, but over 300 dollars. Any other places you can think of that I may have some better luck with?

Thanks.

Old 02-12-08, 07:40 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Check your area plumbing supply house ask about resale dealers. In chicago Shilvoc supply has old different color toilets with new parts, They are great if you need to replace a broken piece in an off color.
Just a thought.

Old 02-13-08, 04:02 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
Danko, I've fought this battle before. Unless you are lucky to find what Ron has suggested, you will spend the fortune for the off color toilets. Our bathrooms are harvest gold and avocado, so replacing the toilets with those colors were a pipe dream. I figured I would, at least, tone down the starkness of the white by installing beige. But, high flow, elongated, ADA compliant beige toilets are way out there in price. Face it, our bathrooms aren't the showplace of the home. I've remodeled many homes where they are showrooms, though. They serve one or two purposes, that's it. I opted for white, love the enlongation, height, flushing, and just don't look back. Good luck in your search.

Old 02-13-08, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator
Received 54 Votes on 50 Posts
If you have a recycling center you may find what you are looking for.

I saw many colored toilets at a Habitat for Humanity store for not too much money.

Old 02-13-08, 09:00 AM
C
Received 139 Votes on 112 Posts
Danko - Most big box stores won't carry colored fixtures because demand is low. Expect to pay a premium if color is a must have.

I bought a Kohler Cimmaron two piece for around $230 at a big box a couple of months ago. That same toilet is listed on Kohler's site for $365. The same toilet is beige is listed for $462. My suggestion is to visit the special order desk at your local big box and have them give you a price. You may be able to get the colored one for around $350.

Colored bath fixtures are usually looked at as a negative by real estate agents.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: