Danze Single shower control no hot water

Old 02-16-08, 02:15 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Danze Single shower control no hot water

I've searched the threads looking for an answer to my problem but it does not seem to be be covered.

I have remodeled my upstairs bathroom and installed a new Danze single handle shower control model D500555 that turns CCW from 5:00 position to 11:00. I get cold water no problem at 2-3:00, but when I keep going to get hot water, no water at all comes out.

The hot water is on as I get hot water at the sink right next to the bath and I can feel the supply pipe is hot going to the shower control.

I've adjusted the temperature control inside, but still no hot water, only cold. I've opened the check valve and it is good.

Any suggestions?

Old 02-16-08, 05:42 PM
B
http://www.danze.com/tech_specs.asp?show=D500555

Following this link, the left check valve (25) should control the hot water supply, what do you mean when you say:

"I've opened the check valve and it is good."

Did you pull the cermaic disc cartridge assembly (22) with both check valves closed, then open the hot side to see flow?

And, what did you mean by:

"I've adjusted the temperature control inside"

Did you change the position of the temperature limiting device (23)? Did you rotate the temperature limiting device tab to set at 12:00, or what position is it set at?

You may have to contact the mfg and get a replacement cartridge, if you are getting water through the check valve and this is not an issue that can be fixed by adjusting the temperature limiting device. Examine the cartridge to see if anything is obviously blocking it.

Old 03-08-08, 07:27 AM
M
I turned the hot water side check valve and did get some water flow at the check valve itself and the water dripped down into the wall.

The termperature control I adjusted was the limiting device.

I did not pull out the ceramic cartridge, so I'll try that. If that does not do anything, I'll contact the manufacturer.

Thanks

Old 03-11-08, 07:18 PM
M
Danze Shower Control no hot water

To update, I called the manufacturer, and it seems that this is a fairly common problem. It was the pressure balance valve, and it was stuck, even right out of the box.

They suggested to remove the pressure balance valve from the entire assembly, soak it in a mixture of white vinegar and water for about 45 minutes. I had to use a small screw driver to actually free up the inner cylinder. They said that to keep the valve moving freely, to lubricate it with vegetable oil before reinstalling it in the shower control assembly.

It's now working!!! Hopefully this will help someone else.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: