Laundry tub in Basement

Old 02-17-08, 03:12 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Laundry tub in Basement

Hi,

I just bought a laundry tub off of craigslist. It's just the tub and faucet, no other parts. I intend to put it in my basement, where I also have a washer and dryer. The W+D are there-but the basement wasn't initially built to handle them-they were on the second floor when this place was built. So there is one flexible hose that goes from the washer into a pipe with an opening on top. I think that's how the water gets out of here. There are two pipes that are hooked to hoses that go into the washer.

My question is, do I need a motor in order for the tub to drain? Since the water would have to go "up" to get to this open pipe? And for the water coming in to the tub, can i just buy something that I can hook into the hoses going into the washer that would split it off?

thanks!

Old 02-17-08, 08:50 PM
F
Received 36 Votes on 28 Posts
Pictures of the drain assembly of the washing machine showing how it is connected to the rest of the house drainage piping are needed.

Old 02-19-08, 08:05 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ack! how do i upload a photo?

Old 02-19-08, 08:45 AM
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
You need to use a host place like Photobucket. Upload your photo there. Once you upload the picture to your site, right click on it and view properties, where it shows address (URL) highlight and copy the address.
come back to here and click a Post Reply. Click on Insert image button (next to last one) (Looks like a picture)
To post it put the address in the box that pops up. It will look something like this,

[igm]http://the_web_addy.com/picture.gif[/igm]

Type your reply and hit submit.

Last edited by badeyeben; 02-19-08 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Added more details.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: