Leaky Braided Flex Hose

Old 02-22-08, 08:07 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Leaky Braided Flex Hose

About 2 years ago I installed a Kohler single control faucet in my kitchen sink. One thing I liked about it was that it came with “flexible stainless steel braided supply hoses” for easy DIY installation. Well the installation was easy. But now there is a leak where the hot water braided supply hose joins its threaded coupling … the one that you screw into the cutoff valve. The other end of the supply hose is permanently attached to the faucet.

Can I cut the supply hose and attach a new threaded coupling, possibly held tight with a small hose clamp? Or, is there a sealant plus tape combination that might work? Any help would be really appreciated.

Old 02-23-08, 04:11 AM
J
I have not seen many faucets that have the sprayer permenently installed to the hose, but contact Kohler, they will probably send you a new one, free. Or you can pick on up at a Kohler dealer, either big box or a plumbing supplier.

Old 02-23-08, 07:19 AM
T
That hose is not permanently attached - but it "is" hard to tear down to get at the connection.

Sounds like the O-ring might be damaged at the connection point to the cut off.... you might be able to find the proper size at the specialty rack at a big box store.

Old 02-24-08, 10:11 AM
M
Talking

FIXED IT!!
Got new supply hose. Cut in half. Cut leaky end off of Kohler unit. Bought (5/16" barb to 1/4" MIP) and a (1/4" barb to 1/4" FIP) "Hose Bib Adapter, plus two small hose clamps, plus small jar of plumbers caulk. Joined all together and worked fine. NO MORE LEAK!
Note: The ID of Kohler supply hoses is smaller than the ID of supply hoses you buy in the big box stores. Not elegant, but it works just fine.
moorefe

Old 02-24-08, 10:15 AM
M
Leaky Sink Braided supply hose

Got new supply hose. Cut in half. Cut leaky end off of Kohler unit. Bought (5/16" barb to 1/4" MIP) and a (1/4" barb to 1/4" FIP) "Hose Bib Adapter, plus two small hose clamps, plus small jar of plumbers caulk. Joined all together and worked fine. NO MORE LEAK!
Note: The ID of Kohler supply hoses is smaller than the ID of supply hoses you buy in the big box stores. Not elegant, but it works just fine.
moorefe

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: