how to attach toilet flange to floor

Old 02-27-08, 04:12 PM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
how to attach toilet flange to floor

I just pulled up my toilet and up came the flange as well, so my question is how do I attach it back to the floor so I can reinstall the toilet after I tile the floor. Is the flange suppost to be attached to the pipe coming out of the floor? If so how do I fix my problem of the flange not being attached to the pipe? If it is not suppost to be attached to the pipe then please help in telling me how to attach the flange to the floor. Thanks for any help.

Robert

Old 03-03-08, 05:31 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Not a anser, but another question...

Who do you attach the toilet flange to the concrete basement floor?

Old 03-03-08, 05:02 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Is the pipe made of cast iron or PVC?

And also what is the flange made of?

And is the pipe 4 inch I.D.? If so, you can buy a 3 inch slip-fit PVC that will go inside and you turn 3 allen set screws and it swedges rubber inside against the pipe. A provision of this method is that the pipe has to be cut flush with the floor. It can be lower, but it can't be higher, or else the flange wil be lifted off the floor. If the pipe is cast and is sticking up 1/2 inch you can cut/snap it off in increments by sawzalling vertical slices down to the floor, every 1/2 inch about, around the pipe, then use pliers to snap off each 'tooth' you make. (Did such a job about a year ago. Slicker than a whistle.)

Old 03-06-08, 05:45 AM
D
Pvc

I have a 4 inch pvc pipe. And thanks again. I spoke with someone finally about this, and now I understand! But new thing is, how well do the offset flanges witk? I would like to bring my toilet to the 12 inch mark, and buy a 12" rough-in instead of a 10" rough-in...

THANKS!

Old 03-06-08, 04:09 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
So right now the 4 inch pipe is 10 inches out from the finished wall? Any idea why that is, if so? IF this is the case, I have seen people opt to create an alcove in the back wall of a couple inches that the toilet tank fits into, and high enough up the wall just enough to be able to remove the toilet tank lid and slide it out.

Old 03-07-08, 08:09 AM
D
As of right now, it is roughly 11 inches from the center of the 4 inch drain to the edge of the stud wall. I may be able to move the wall out, but I wanted the sink drain inside of the wall studs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: