Very little hot water for upstairs shower

Old 02-28-08, 05:45 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Very little hot water for upstairs shower

Hi everyone. I'm having an issue with one of my upstairs showers. If I set the shower knob (single knob) to 50%, the water pressure is decent. However, if you move the knob to 100%, you get a decrease in pressure. At 100%, water just dribbles out of the shower head. This is a recent issue, but I don't know if it is a gradual problem as this shower has been unused for about 6 months.

The house is only about 3 years old and I live in Southern California. The other upstairs shower has great water pressure across the board and is farther away from the water heater. The only thing I can think of is a clogged line, but I don't know how to start unclogging it. Any suggestions?

Old 02-29-08, 06:55 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Sounds like you've got "crud" in your valve. The age of the home would, to me, indicate a washer/O-ring that is out of position, blocking the flow as you move the mixer. Turn off the water to the bathroom/house - and take apart the mixing valve (have a repair kit on hand - available at any big box store) - replace all the parts in the kit that are applicable (often more than you need as the kits tend to be generic of sorts)... and see if your problem goes away.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: