Newcomer Shower Upgrade Questions

Old 03-02-08, 05:00 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Newcomer Shower Upgrade Questions

We're in the process of adding a Bedroom Suite to our home and are preparing to buy a shower head. Things are getting complicated, please help!

1. I thought the Rain Shower head looked cool and modern. Wife said a Moen Rain head comes with a heat control capability and a Pressure control. I get the Pressure control , but what is with the heat control? Is this somehow more granular than what I get with a normal single handle Faucet? This unit will cost about 700.00 with all the add-ons needed for these features. Can anyone explain what this is and why I need it?

2. I asked her to look into a "normal" shower head with a hand held spray attachement.. Again, A moen will cost me near 700.00. We used to buy a hand held Waterpic for 40.00 and it doubled as a shower head and also a hand held. Why is this technology so good and why is it so expensive.

I appreciate any comments/ recomendations on this .

Jack

Old 03-02-08, 06:58 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
Jack: welcome to the forums! $700 for a shower head that will get used 15 minutes a day, or $19.17 per day for the first year. Can't see the value. You can control the heat from the wall valve, and sometimes the pressure. Look into the Hansgrohe brand if you want to spend money. If you want to get wet, look into Waterpik.

Old 03-02-08, 10:05 AM
I have no idea what you are talking about. Please post a model number of a Moen shower head that costs $700!

I suspect you are talking about the control/mixing valves, and they do not cost that much either, although with installation they might.

Please give us some more info.

Old 03-02-08, 12:17 PM
J
I am not sure of the model number, but my wife just informed me that the cost of a Moen Shower is more than the head unit and includes all the parts. Since she wants this in Brushed Nickel. The cost goes way up "because all the parts have to be brushed nickel".

I just got kicked off the selection comittee after finding a 78.00 Kohler for her while she was out. She added up all the extra parts needed and the Kohler cost more than the Moen. (she is adding a spray attachement - all in Brushed nickel).

She said I wanted a high end bath in out new Bedroom so why I am getting excited as we near the end of the project.

Thanks for the help, but she is into her 3rd hour of internet searching to get all of this on line and last I heard it might end up being just under 600.00

Jack

Old 03-02-08, 03:34 PM
J
Originally Posted by 594tough View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about. Please post a model number of a Moen shower head that costs $700!

I suspect you are talking about the control/mixing valves, and they do not cost that much either, although with installation they might.

Please give us some more info.
FYI: Best price she received online was 1000.00. If you really want the model number I can find out. It is a Moen shower head and all the accesories to install it in a new shower. Includes a 3 position hand held sprayer that you can remove or use in one of the 3 positions on the wall.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: