Where can I get a good quality shower and glass?

Old 03-04-08, 06:45 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Where can I get a good quality shower and glass?

I am looking for a good quality shower and glass for my shower. I want it to be a 3' x 4' shower. I want it to have regular walls on two inside walls and the other two to be of glass.
I will try to explain what I mean.
As I look at the shower it will be 4'. The depth will be 3'. The back wall will be a wall as will be the right wall which will house the faucet and head. The front will be sliding clear doors and the left wall will be of glass. Where can I find something like that? Did I explain myself well enough? Thanks.

Old 03-04-08, 10:41 PM
W
After a lot of measuring and figuring a 42" x 42" shower would be our best bet. Anyone with any ideas?????
Same ideas about the sides and glass though.

Old 03-04-08, 11:36 PM
K
This sounds more like "who or how to build" than "where to buy".

Do you want prefabricated unit or a custom made shower?

Old 03-05-08, 04:04 AM
J
Bath supply houses are usually the place to find these things, not big box. And you should be able to find anything your pocket book will allow, but take a big one. Basic frameless glass doors can easily run over $1000.

Old 03-05-08, 04:51 AM
W
Originally Posted by Kobuchi View Post
This sounds more like "who or how to build" than "where to buy".

Do you want prefabricated unit or a custom made shower?
It does not matter. As long as I can have a shower and still not spend my life savings either.

Old 03-05-08, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
You should check around your area with some good glass shops. Many of them will be able to do the work you require. They may be able to order all the parts and you could install. You'll have to have the 2 walls finished first tho.

Time to breakout the phonebook.

Old 03-05-08, 02:23 PM
K
Prefabricated corner units are common. Glass-walled, as you wish, but the door will be a single hinged door - not pair of sliders. The arrangement I'm familiar with has glass on either side of a door that opens toward the center of the room.

Old 03-05-08, 08:35 PM
W
I may tile. Where is a good place to read about tiling a shower? Are tile showers easy to take care of? What type of chemical do you need treat them with?

Old 03-06-08, 02:31 PM
K
Originally Posted by wendans View Post
Where is a good place to read about tiling a shower?
Dozens of picture books on shelf at any small library. They can give you ideas, help visualize. Most gloss over the details of construction though. This job demands experience and some finesse too.
Are tile showers easy to take care of?
There are public baths tiled hundreds of years ago, still in good condition. Good ventilation is essential - I mean windows not just a bath fan. If you only have a fan, make it a serious one. I guess the worst thing you can do for a shower is use it without ventilation, and keep the bathroom door generally closed.

If you choose a very light coloured grout, clean with some product including bleach... a brilliant all-white shower is just asking for housework.
What type of chemical do you need treat them with?
A tile sealer, available where you buy the grout.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: