Help me Cut a Hole!

Old 03-08-08, 07:14 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help me Cut a Hole!

I'm trying to install faucets in a new fibreglass jacuzzi tub. When I attempted the cut with a hole saw, I cracked a big honking crack in the tub!!!!

Please tell me how to go about this!!!

Thank you,

Deperate

Old 03-08-08, 08:14 PM
S
What type of a hole saw were you using, one with a adjustable pilot bit in the center, or was it a spade bit? Did you take your time and let the saw do the cutting, and was ALL of the bit making contact with the material? Did the crack develop when the blade broke thru the material?

Thanks,

Dale in Indy

Old 03-09-08, 09:04 AM
You should start the hole from the back, just cutting to a shallow depth. Then go to the front ( finish ) side, put the pilot in the hole, and finish the cut. You should use a good hole saw bit, sharp, not worn out. And don't push too hard on it. Let the saw do the cutting

Old 03-22-08, 08:52 AM
D
Sorry that I am so long getting back to you! Thanks for your help but we finally got this done. We ended up putting masking tape over the place we were going to cut, then started slowly and didn't press too hard. It worked like a champ! Fortunately the cracks we made were pretty much covered by the fixtures... but it sure was frustrating. Thanks again!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: