toto toilets

Old 03-10-08, 04:46 AM
toto toilets

Anyone have an opinion about the Toto toilets. Are they worth the extra money?Should I go with gravity or another flulsh system?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-08, 06:27 PM
Toto

I bought two one piece--$$$-Totos about a year ago and would recomend them. I got the sanigloss finish in the bowls and both seem to clean themselves. Seldom do I have to flush twice. I don't have any kids if you think that might make a difference. I heard so many complaints about cheap low flow models that I tried to get one of the best rated.

Old 03-11-08, 12:54 AM
Upvotes Received: 16
Yes, Toto is "top of the line" in toilets.

Old 03-11-08, 06:50 AM
I used to be constantly plunging/snaking toilets at my rentals... I finally gave up and disgust and replaced all the various brands and models - including some newer and expensive American Standards - with ADA height Toto Drakes. I just recently had to plunge one - the first time in in 5 years - and it appeared to me that the tenant had to put around half a roll of TP down it before it attempting to flush.

The only problem I've had is that the chain's attachment to the flapper has pulled through on two and the Toto's non-standard flapper is not a stock "big-box" chain store item - I ordered a replacement on the net , and keep an extra on hand.

Old 03-12-08, 10:35 AM
LOL...What the heck are people flushing in the toilets, that they cannot use the low water consumption toilets? Just curious....

Old 03-14-08, 12:45 PM
I work in a prison,and Iv'e seen some crazy things done to toliets.

Old 03-11-09, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Terd Herder View Post
LOL...What the heck are people flushing in the toilets, .....
crap.

I have one I got like 2 years or so, and I love it, if you can love a toilet.

Old 03-12-09, 11:00 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by Terd Herder View Post
LOL...What the heck are people flushing in the toilets, that they cannot use the low water consumption toilets? Just curious....
all toilets are not equal in how much they can flush. some, like the toto drake can flush a bucket of golf balls while others have a problem with a small amount of toilet paper.

check out this site before purchasing toilets http://www.allianceforwaterefficienc...d_02-16-09.pdf

Old 03-15-09, 06:43 AM
Toto 2

I love my toto as well. I have the Drake CST 744SL. I bought it 1 year ago. It hasnt seen a plunger yet! I am remodeling another bathroom & will be buying Toto a twin brother. Definitely worth the price, considering what a plumber costs these days. Beer 4U2 Jina

Old 03-17-09, 06:29 AM
When I was young and reasonably successful I always took great pride in the type of car I drove, now Im old and not so successful and have to settle for taking pride in my type of toilet...TOTO ULTRAMAX. I think more of my toilets than my car. These are great. I have the elongated bowl, ADA height with the sanagloss finish. Im a big guy, 6'4" and 350 lbs. you would think I could clog one of these babies up easily but it doesnt happen. These are great toilets.

Old 03-17-09, 09:27 AM
I wish I would have replaced all the toilets in the house when I got my original Toto. At the time I paid about $250 at the local store. Little did I know they were getting rid off the plumbing supply department. Right now I can't find anything cheapper than $440 localy, though Internet has some good prices, but I am kind of leary about buying toile on the net. What do you people think about the internet purchasing?

Old 03-17-09, 10:00 AM
Toto 2

Charlie-Locally, in Upstate, NY, I pay $333 for mine. I wouldnt get it off the internet because if there is a problem, you have to pay to ship it back. Jina