Anyone seen a pedal faucet for sink?

Old 03-13-08, 01:37 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone seen a pedal faucet for sink?

I found a pedal faucet for the kitchen sink and wanted to ask if anyone knew anything about it. The product is ...

http://www.pedalvalve.com/

The brief info on the site says it is a "breeze" to install. Does anyone have any experience with these. I do like the way it would reduce the likelyhood of cross contamination when preparing meats and such. Being a nurse, I am used to the pedal controlled sinks and find them extremely convenient. However, I have never heard of them being used in residential applications. Any thoughts?

Old 03-13-08, 03:59 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It does indeed look easy to install and not modification to existing plumbing is needed. As they suggest, contact them for availability at local dealers or buy direct.

Old 03-13-08, 04:47 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
Whoa! I like that. It definitely looks like a diy install situation, so if you decide to put one in, let us know and we can help with the install. And, I thought I had all the tools I needed. This is neat for my industrial sized triple stainless deep sinks in my wine room. I hate those goofy handles, and I can put a flex sprayer and just use my feet to operate it.

Old 03-13-08, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator
Received 54 Votes on 50 Posts
They sure look like they would be good for residential use.

A couple of things to watch out for.
We have many foot operated sinks in the hospital where I work and they seem to need a bit more maintenance that regular faucets.
Make sure that replacement cartridges are available and find out what they cost........maybe even order a spare set if you do get one.

It appears as if the way you connect the foot operated valve to an existing faucet, you could find slightly less flow due to the extra flex tubing and the water having to pass through a second valve.

You might find that no matter how long you have one of these installed you will forget and be tripped by the protruding foot levers!

Couldn't see a price on the website.
Let us know what it costs.

Looks good though.

Old 03-13-08, 05:17 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
Greg, if you click on the residential button it will take you to a page showing it installed with all the piping and aux switch adjacent to the center stile. Pretty neat, but I agree it may be a trip factor unless you have a pretty good toe kick.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: