*Single Handle location??* for tub/shower

Old 03-14-08, 07:33 PM
*Single Handle location??* for tub/shower

What height do you put the control handle when its a shower and tub combo? When its primarily showers that are taken the recomended 32 inch nom. height seems a bit low. But I just came from my friends house and noticed he put the control handle lower just above the faucet. I asked him why it was so low he said when your taking a bath you dont have to get up. I said to myself the other 90% of the time when you have to shower you need to bend down. I think I am going to put mine about 37 inches or so. I remember reading somewhere they put them as high as 42 plus when its a shower only unit.
Lets here from the experts!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-08, 08:50 PM
IMO it will look funny if you raise it. So now, when you turn on the water for a shower, you have to bend down and pull the diverter? But if you want a bath, you cant reach the handle?

Old 03-15-08, 05:53 AM
You can put it anywhere you want to.... simply a matter of personal preference (and eye appeal to prospective buyers down the road). I saw the control handle put in the middle of the wall along the side of the tub once..... bathers didn't have to sit forward to add hot water - and showerers could reach the controls easily.... looked a tad strange at first - but made some sense...

Old 03-15-08, 11:48 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I just installed a Delta single lever ccw unit, but just for a shower, so I capped the tub outlet. But the instructions said to install the valve no lower than 8" and no higher than 18" from the tub spout. Is this what you were looking for?