drilling toilet

Old 03-25-08, 10:54 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
drilling toilet

Hello,

Have "lovely" old wall hanger that has poor water flow through holes at front of toilet. Lime and what-not have built up to concrete consistency!! I intend to remove that but want to prevent the problem.

Can I drill the holes where the water is supposed to come out around the rim? I wouldn't be surprised to discover this is a "second" and I might need to drill another hole or two that should be, but are not, there.

Any thoughts?

Oh, if I replace the old toilet all newer ones will be smaller. We'll have to remove the wall paper, do a LOT of sanding and then paint the walls. If the wall look better wife will want to refinish the tiles - and the tub, then the sink and vanity won't look up to snuff either!! Seems easier to fix current toilet!

Much thanks,
bamakodaker

Old 03-25-08, 03:35 PM
W
Received 12 Votes on 10 Posts
Hi, Don't drill out the holes with a drill you will crack the bowl. Try a pocket screwdriver to clear the holes. I would use muratic acid, pour about a quart down the the over flow in the tank, let it set for about 45 min then flush.Work fast the acid is hard to work with.
Good Luck Woodbutcher

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: