Almost no pressure in shower and temperature is terrible

Old 03-29-08, 05:30 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Almost no pressure in shower and temperature is terrible

I live on the second floor in an old downtown building that has been renovated into condos and lofts. Some units were totally renovated, others, including mine, were as-is. A problem with the shower has me at my wits end. It seems to be a two-fold problem involving both water pressure and a problem with the mixing of hot and cold water. From day one the water pressure in the shower has been pretty low, and it continues to get worse. Also, the water temperature is controlled by one knob and my choice seems to be hot or cold, but nothing in between. In order to get enough pressure to rinse off, I usually have to turn to cold water, as the cold water pressure is slightly higher than the hot water. So, I can choose to freeze and rinse or be scalded. Both are wearing on me. I have tried replacing shower head in hopes of improving water pressure, but am now on 3rd new shower head and each one is worse than the last. At this point water is barely dribbling out of the shower head. It appears that one part of the problem is the diverter, as more water is coming out of tub faucet than shower head when in shower mode. I hope to fully renovate bathroom sometime, but at this point not an option. I am willing to try repair on my own, but if out of my league, not even sure who to call. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-29-08, 07:23 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question

Does the Condo office, if there is one, have a plumber that has a understanding of the building?

I would consider that route first, then just call a plumber. The temp problem is in the mixer of the faucet. I would think.

I wish you well,

Dale in Indy

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: