Disposer spins after shutoff

Old 04-10-08, 06:08 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Disposer spins after shutoff

Recently I noticed that my continuous feed disposer continues to spin after I turn it off, taking around 5 seconds to wind down to a stop. It used to stop quickly after turning it off. Any ideas as to what this could be?

Old 04-11-08, 05:00 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. They should spool down rather than stop immediately. You may have had something fibrous stuck under the impellers for a long time and it finally went away.

Old 04-15-08, 04:22 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Well, it didn't use to stop immediately, as though it was binding on something. It did take a second or two to stop. But now it spins freely after shutting it off, taking several seconds to wind down to a stop. It is definitely different than when it was new. It's only a year old.

Old 04-15-08, 04:40 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
All the ones I have had experience with take about 5 seconds to spool down without a load. Does it dispose of the stuff well enough? Have you taken a look in the bowels with a flashlight to make sure all the impellers are still intact? I am quite sure yours is working normally, but if you have any doubts, it can only be diagnosed by someone looking at it directly, which would mean a plumber at a cost.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: