Price Pfister repair?

Old 04-11-08, 03:28 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Price Pfister repair?

My customer installed approx. six months ago a Price Pfister kitchen single handle faucet with pull out sprayer. Now the main body or spout won't swivel. I have removed the HANDLE, DOME CAP, CAP SEAT, RETAINER RING, and CARTRIDGE but the BODY won't come up and off. I see NO snap ring, and the instructions show that it does lift off, but doesn't state how??? I am guessing it is just STUCK, but since it is PLASTIC I don't want to do a lot of prying. Normally there are a couple O-RINGS under the spout body, but the parts breakdown doesn't show or list such??? I sprayed some WD-40 on the top of the body hoping to free such, but NO LUCK. It is model CLASSIC SERIES, WKP-5.

I have written Price Pfister, but they won't read such for a couple days or more, so thought someone on this good site might have some thoughts?????

Dale in Indy

Old 04-11-08, 04:32 PM
T
Price Pfister has a lifetime guarantee. See here: http://www.pricepfister.com/website/...p_Warranty.asp

I had a friend who had a Price Pfister faucet that broke. He took it back to Lowe's (I think) who replaced the faucet no questions asked and no request for receipt for proof of purchase.

Old 04-11-08, 07:44 PM
S
Cool

That is my next step, TAKE IT BACK, but thought if it were something simple, then I would repair it. Needless to say SOMETHING IS BINDING BETWEEN THE SPOUT BODY AND THE BRASS MAIN BODY.

Thanks though.

Dale in Indy

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: