Water Leaking From around Shower Drain and up from slab.

Old 04-15-08, 08:59 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water Leaking From around Shower Drain and up from slab.

We had termites that came in from the master bedroom shower. There was also a crack in the marble shower floor. I decided to crack it out to see what was under there as it needed to be replaced anyway. To my dismay there was only dirt under the mat around the the shower drain. So I figured I would let the termite guys treat the ground there and fill it with cement. They poked into the ground to get the termidor in there. Not much and not hard or deep with a screwdriver like thing. The other toilet got backed up and I used a plunger alot to clear it. Right after that we notice sewer smell and then notice water coming up from the dirt. Later when running the washer we noticed suds and it over flowed onto the bathroom floor. I have carefully dug around the shower to the pcv pipes under the dirt. There is only a 12" square hole or so there. I don't notice any punctures and for all I know this problem could have been there all along. My house was built in 1986 in Austin, TX. Any advice appreciated.

Old 04-16-08, 03:14 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Good morning and welcome to the DIY forums!

I'm sorry you seem to be having so many problems at once.

Plumbing and piping are not my forte', but we have some great experts here, who will undoubtedly be along to help you figure out your problems.

If you need help replacing the shower pan, come on over to the Kitchens and Baths forums after you've got the plumbing fixed.

Good luck to you!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: