Set Screw for the Faucet Handle


Old 05-11-08, 10:00 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Set Screw for the Faucet Handle

The screw head is rounded out and I can not seem to remove it. It's a quarter inch down into the handle. Are there any suggestions someone might have in aiding me to remove this screw. My pipe is leaking and that seems to be the only way to access it.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-08, 10:53 AM
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 1,957
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Go to a hardware store and get a tool known as a screw extractor aka easy out.This is a spiral shaft drill bit like tool used to remove broken off screws and bolts and will work to remove stripped set screws.You'll probably need either #2 or 3 maybe 4 depending on how large the set screw is and the hole in it.You tap the easy out into the hole wedging it in then use it to screw out the set screw as if it was the head of the screw.May be a bit difficult since most of these set screws are on the back of the handle but will usually work.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: