Toilet Flange won't fit

Old 06-04-08, 05:03 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toilet Flange won't fit

I'm replacing a toilet flange but I can't find one that will fit INTO my pvc pipe (ID 3", OD 3.5"). The floor is concrete, and I'd have to jack out the concrete to get enough space to put one OUTSIDE of the pipe which is how the original one was configured (even if I could find one that fits). I can't repair the original one; badly damaged and thrown away.

I have used the OATY repair flange that you insert and twist. I tried one before, but it clogs too easily and that is my absolute last resort.

Questions:
1. Is my pipe standard with an ID of 3" and OD 3.5"?
2. Anybody know if they make a flange that has an OD of 3" that will slip in there?

My wife is driving me nuts over this so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-05-08, 04:11 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
To my knowledge there are no flanges that fit inside 3" pipe. that would reduce your pipe hole to 2 1/2" ID, and that would be too small. Looks like hammer and chisel time.

Old 06-05-08, 09:36 AM
F
Too bad

Thanks. I hope I don't crack the drain pipe when I do this. Do you know if my pipe is standard, and will I be able to find one that will fit over it?

Old 06-05-08, 01:53 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
If it is pvc and measures 3", then nearly all the flanges you find will either fit "over" a three inch or "inside" a four inch. Be careful.

Old 06-06-08, 03:54 AM
F
i recently made the same repair. chisel out space for the bolt heads and install a Super Ring. i used six lead anchors and stainless steel screws to attach the ring. very stable and no leaks.

Old 06-06-08, 03:31 PM
What is wrong with the original flange?

I have seen a flange with thin walls that are made to go inside a 3" pipe, But I have no clue where I saw it. I would not use it as it would restrict the flow. If it is just the metal or plastic ring, they make all kinds of repair flanges just for this occasion.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: