Replacing a Tub/Shower Faucet

Old 06-12-08, 05:52 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacing a Tub/Shower Faucet

I am currently in the middle of redoing our first house and before I realized that it was a mistake, I took out the old tub, faucet, spout, showerhead and it was all thrown out. Now i am at the point that i am trying to find a faucet that will fit to the plumbing currently there. I do not want to get into replumbing due to the fact it is all copper piping and I am soo out of my league there. Is there any way that I can tell what faucet that i could possibly buy that would fit the fittings there now? diagrams anywhere that i could compare? i do not want to bring in a professional if i do not have to.

Old 06-14-08, 06:13 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! We have plumbing guys who will chime in shortly, but you can do this. If the plumbing area is open to where you can access it (obviously it should be since you tore it all out), replumbing won't be unsurmountable. You will need to determine the heights of the tub spout and shower head, purchase a new control valve kit and use the existing two stubs (hot and cold) to hook up your new valve, spout and riser. Where the stubs are located, you can transition from copper to cpvc and install the remainder if you feel more comfortable with it (with the exception of the tub spout, which must be either iron pipe or copper). Be sure to support the riser sufficiently.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: