Toilet water splash outside of bowl when flushed.

Old 08-04-08, 09:08 AM
C
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Toilet water splash outside of bowl when flushed.

I just bought a new house. it has smaller toilet tank, but very strong water flush. The problem is the water flush down straight from the edge to the center of the bowl, and because it is so strong, it splashes some water( at least few drops) at the top of the bowl and also outside of bowl which cuase smells after a while. Are all the new toilets work like this ? the toilets in my old house flush the water in a circular motion, slow but never splah any water. it is also very quiet..not like this new one, every one in the house can hear the water flush sound. I am sure I am not the only one has this type of toilet, wonder how other people handle this issue. Any help or recommendation will be appreciated.

Old 08-04-08, 08:23 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Did you try to lower the water level in the tank?

Old 08-04-08, 09:21 PM
C
Well, It is a very small tank, I was told the new law wants to conserve water usage, so not much water in there at all, may be that is why they have to use strong and straight force to flush. I believe this is a design problem. in order to save water, they have to do this way. At this time, I just don't know how to fix this problem.

Old 08-05-08, 05:59 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Does the toilet have one of those pressure tanks? If not. when you look in the tank, there should be a float that rises on a small pipe as it fills. If you reach in with both hands below the float, you can move the release with one hand and lower the top section a notch.

Old 08-05-08, 09:22 AM
C
I did that, less water helps with the splash, but many times I had to flush twice to get everthing flushed down. This is not a permanent fix , but for now I have no other choice until I figure out how to deal with it (I am planning to replace the whole thing if there is no other way to fix it). Thanks a lot.

Old 08-05-08, 05:54 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Let us know if you find another answer.

Old 08-06-08, 03:08 PM
F
you have a defective bowl, the other owner didn,t notice or care. it is not supposed to flush like that. replace the bowl

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: