Kitchen Faucet Won't Rotate between Sinks

Old 08-04-08, 12:23 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kitchen Faucet Won't Rotate between Sinks

Delta Signature Pullout Faucet

The barrel is supposed to rotate from side to side, allowing the faucet to fill each compartment of a two-basin kitchen sink. It has stopped rotating and is stuck above the left sink. Delta's website doesn't address this problem, and the exploded diagram shows no likely causes. I'm hoping to get advice before shutting off the supply lines.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-04-08, 12:49 PM
I am pretty sure that most delta spouts are removable somehow and will most likely need to be cleaned and lubricated.

I just checked a few different types of faucets by Delta and found this to be the case. If you can give me the model number or take a picture of the faucet so I can view it, I will be able to help further.

Old 08-04-08, 08:59 PM
C
Thanks for offering to help CMBow

I appreciate getting advice. The faucet is Delta model 470, Signature Pull-Out Faucet. Here is the product URL on Delta's Website:

http://www.deltafaucet.com/wps/porta...UvNDcw#7_P_1I1

At the bottom of Delta's product page are links to the specs, installation sheet and exploded diagram.

The pictures on the Delta page don't make it obvious that the faucet head pulls out and acts like a sprayer. If you look at the exploded diagram, you'll see that the faucet head connects directly to the water supply via a reinforced vinyl hose just like the separate sprayers that come with other faucets do. The vinyl supply line threads through the barrel, which is the part into which the the faucet-head/sprayer mounts when it's not pulled out. The barrel rotates back and forth so that the faucet head can be left on to fill either of the basins unattended.

There are no leaks or problems, except that the barrel only rotates clockwise. Wherever I stop moving it clockwise is the new limit to how far it will rotate counter-clockwise. (I hope that made sense. Basically, if I kept moving it clockwise, then I'm afraid that it would become stuck pointing backwards away from the sink.)

Again, thanks for your help!

CMBow

Old 08-05-08, 06:50 AM
Did you just install this faucet? If you turn the faucet the opposite way and it stops almost opposite of the other direction, tells me there is something wrong with the installation or someone pushed the faucet too hard and it is not tight enough under the sink. That faucet is designed as a single hole or 3 hole sink setup and you need to have the spray connection under the sink,completely in the rear for the spout to work properly. Just loosen the nut holding the faucet down and rotate to the correct position, then re-tighten. It will help to have a second person available to hold the faucet aligned while it is tightened back up.

Old 08-07-08, 07:03 AM
F
there is a washer on the bottom. that you have upside down
take it off and read your instructions as you put it back
good luck

Old 08-07-08, 02:06 PM
Please show me which washer you think is upside down?

According to the Delta parts and assembly list I just looked at, you can put the washer on the bottom either side up, but it must be installed and facing the correct way

Old 08-07-08, 02:42 PM
F
base plate ring

it is the base plate ring, i think your right it is not upside down, its backwards. the neck swivels 120 degrees
if its backwards the it won't swivel on the front side.
is that what you see?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: