Uneven Toilet

Old 08-09-08, 01:49 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Uneven Toilet

My bathroom floor is somewhat uneven making my toilet lean to the side. I'm building a platform to even out the floor which would make it about 1/2" on one side and 1 1/2" on the other side. My question is how do I raise the pipe in the floor to the toilet?

Last edited by indiangirl; 08-09-08 at 01:52 PM. Reason: need icon
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-08, 04:43 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
What kind of pipe and flange are there? Is there any movement in the pipe from below? If it's the old style cast iron pipe, you may have to change some of it to PVC.

Old 08-10-08, 08:42 AM
F
you have to let us know whats under there. we can't see it from here. different pipes, mean different fixes
pvc, lead,cast iron abs ? 4 inch ? 3 inch?

Old 08-10-08, 11:24 AM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Why not just shim the toilet? How out of level can that floor be? If it were REAL out of level, surely you'd want to relevel the whole floor, you'd think. Isn't the toilet flange level enough? If it is, just set the toilet and shim the low side. Make sure enough toilet wax is used. You can buy an extra thick wax ring if need be. The flange must be low, otherwise the toilet would not lean if the flange were level. Then caulk neatly. You can use a plastic putty knife to follow toilet around so that the caulk looks like it is really toilet china, so you do not see the big gap at the low floor side of the toilet Done it.