Flushing my toilet - the workout

Old 10-28-08, 07:07 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Flushing my toilet - the workout

My toilet is 4 years old and flushing it practically requires 2 people. I keep waiting for the "flusher" to break in two but luckily it's steel. I looked inside the tank and it is pristine. When it flushes it works just fine-no leaks, no run-on. How do I fix this before I develop the arms of The Rock?

Old 10-28-08, 07:57 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The first thing you want to do if you haven't already is flush with the top off and see what is happening.

It may be that the flapper or whatever this toilet uses as a seal has become sticky from age and is adhereing to the surface it rests on to make a seal.Easiest way to check this is touch it and see if black comes off on your hands but wear rubber gloves because it's messy and nasty and doesn't wash off that easily.Solution there:replace it.

If the flush lever is somehow binding you need to figure out why.It could be that waterproof plumber's grease will fix it but more likely the nut is loose or something is bent etc and causing it to bind.If the lever itself looks corroded replace it.If you find a binding situation and can't bend it to fix replace the parts involved.

So take a look.flush it and see what it does.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: