Toilet Bowl water does not stay in

Old 11-18-08, 03:58 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toilet Bowl water does not stay in

One of our toilets are fine but the other seems fine after you first flush it (the water fills up the bowl as it should) but if you go to use it a while later- the water is way down low. I have had someone look at it but they cannot find anything wrong.

Old 11-18-08, 04:53 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Place a few drops of food coloring in the tank and observe the water in the bowl a while later. If it changes color, too, then you have a lead from the tank. This leak can be caused by a faulty flapper, or a too-tight chain holding it to where it leaks slightly. If your flapper is black, touch it and see if it rubs off on your hands. If so, it's time.

Old 11-18-08, 05:49 PM
T
You could have a clogged vent stack and water is being siphoned from bowl.

http://forum.doityourself.com/toilet...ears-bowl.html

Old 11-19-08, 04:01 AM
Maybe I misunderstood. Does the water in the bowl go down, or in the tank? If the bowl, then the vent is the probable culprit. Be careful if you do the clearing yourself.

Old 11-21-08, 02:20 PM
J
Just wondering, if you put the garden hose down the roof vent tube it should just flow down into the septic system. I am thinking thats my problem...

Old 11-21-08, 07:16 PM
Yes it will flow to the septic system. However, if you are clearing a clog, do it first without the water on and chug the clog with the end of the hose. After you have it cleared, you can run water down it to make sure and help clean the sides of the pipe.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: