Kohler Whirlpool Timer

Old 12-15-08, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kohler Whirlpool Timer

I'm trying to modify a Kohler 60350 Whirlpool Bathtub Timer to manually override the ON-OFF switch on the timer. Has anyone done this or does any one have a schmatic??

Old 12-17-08, 02:43 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Not sure what you are trying to do. As I understand it you want to override the switch that overrides everything? Why do you want the timer to override the master switch? Leave the master switch in the on position and the timer will work as it should. I see no benefit in overriding the on off switch. Maybe I'm not getting the entire picture.

Old 12-17-08, 09:49 PM
Whirlpool Reset

Thanks for the response. I'm trying to overide the timer so when taking a long soak, I don't have to get out of the tub and reset the control after 20 minutes (the limit of the current control). My thinking is to connect a remote switch (like a garage switch but momenmtary) in parallel to the RESET switch on the Kohler timer circuit board - or - to bypass the Kohler timer all together by connecting a circuit which will turn on the pump when the [NEW SWITCH AND the LEVEL SWITCH] are both closed. In the first case I'd push the remote control every 20 minutes to reactivate the Kohler timer and the second case I'd throw the new wall switch, on before bathing and off afterward. Other thoughts were to cut the frequency of the xtal on the timer circuit in half thereby causing the Kohler Timer Displayof 1 to operate the bath for 2 minutes, 15 to operate for 30 minues, etc.

Old 12-18-08, 03:43 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Then you are wanting to do the opposite of what you originally posted, and that is for the ON-OFF switch to override the timer. Why not wire the timer and on-off switch in parallel so that either will work at your leisure? If you want it timed, then the timer will work, and if you want it on for longer than the timer will allow, turn on the on-off switch.

Old 12-26-08, 11:07 AM
Good Idea But

You're right and this is where I'm heading. Problem is the timer supplies a dc signal to a solid-state relay on the tub which controls the motor. The wires going between the Timer and the tub are 1. one side of 12vac; 2. other side of 12vac; 3. water level switch (other side of the switch is connected to the one of the 12vac lines); 4. DC signal to the solid state relay.

Using a DPDT switch, 3 resistors, 1 CAP and a diode I can drive the SS Relay if I know the polarity, current requirment (or input impeadence of the relay) and the voltage the timer is putting out.

Old 06-01-09, 04:16 PM
S
anybody have any luck with modifications or finding schematics? My control panel is dying and I am hoping to find a way to bypass it somehow.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: