Kitchen sprayer connection

Old 12-21-08, 03:38 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kitchen sprayer connection

I have sprayer attached to my kitchen faucet that operates when you push the lever down on it. I can unscrew the handle pretty easily. Is it possible to get connectors so that I could screw on another tube to this, a removable extension to allow water to reach the stove occasionally?

The sprayer seems to be a standard size and easily available in the shops, but it never specifies the actual size of the connector.

Old 12-21-08, 04:19 PM
S
You will not find anything that will screw onto the existing sprayer head or any part of it as they do not use standard pipe thread or a thread that matches commonly found parts etc.

It is possible to create an extension connecting from the faucet itself where the existing hose attaches to the end of that existing hose.

There are variations in the exact size used but they are all pipe thread.Most likely your hose has a 1/8 male pipe threaded fitting and there are a variety of ways to create something to extend that.One easy way would be to take a replacement hose with the same fitting,cut the end off and use a barbed fitting that slipped inside the hose and clamped and had a 1/8 female pipe threaded end.there are others.

Once you know what you have or take the old one off and take it with you,someone at a hardware store or possibly a plumbing supply that sells to the public could figure out a way.

This will be a bit rigged but there probably isn't a way around that.The length of sprayer hoses is basically standard and no part of the sprayer end will fit any other type of fittings.

Old 12-21-08, 09:20 PM
T
Ah, that is what I feared. Having done a bit more research online, it looks very similar to a shower hose connector, although I can't find anything to firmly support that. Annoyingly stuck in the snow at the moment.

I came up with a possible work-around, using a connection to where the pipe for the tap comes in throught the wall under the sink. A bit more awkward, but better than nothing.

Old 12-23-08, 09:09 AM
S
The shower sizing you saw was undoubtedly 1/2 pipe thread.No part of any sink sprayer will match that thread.

It is possible to modify or adapt at the point the sprayer assembly screws into the faucet body as that is pipe thread and you can use fittings to adapt one way or another.

It would be possible to use a bathroom shower hose as an extension between the faucet and the sprayer assembly with adapters but it would be a multiple fitting set up at both ends.Also I'm not sure what that would do to the water pressure through the sprayer since the shower hose is much larger in diameter than the sink sprayer hose.

Old 12-27-08, 08:03 AM
T
Seems like a bit too much bother for the benefit, thanks for your help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: