Shower pressure balance valve

Old 01-22-09, 10:16 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shower pressure balance valve

Yesterday for no apparent reason our basement shower started and I could not shut off with the shower handle. This is one of those anti-scald valves from Delta. I've shut the water off to the bathroom but would like to fix the shower valve. Any recomendations since I really don't understand this type of valve at all. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-09, 03:21 PM
J
Check house water pressure. Otherwise, have no clue. Delta makes a quality product. Never have had the problem you describe.
If this is a push/pull type faucet, excessive pressure could push it open. This could not happen with a rotating valve unit.

Old 01-22-09, 07:08 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
as stated a push/pull cartridge could do this with to much pressure but also if it is worn out or was over lubricated.

a turn cartridge could do this depending on what type of handle it has if handle is not installed properly

give us the model name and # or post a pic of it for more accurate advice

Old 01-25-09, 10:21 AM
C
Okay it's a Delta Single Handle Monitor Pressure Balance Valve model 1300 & 1400. We had guests about a summer ago who used the shower daily, since then not used. The other day the shower started flowing while the washer upstairs was running. I'm thinking somehow this created a problem. Anyway, I have the valve partly apart and I can turn it 360 degrees with no noticeable change in flow. Any ideas would be appreciated. We live in Colorado so hardwater not an issue.