Kohler Whirlpool Problem

Old 02-07-09, 06:58 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Kohler Whirlpool Problem

Hi -

I have a 4 year old Kohler whirlpool that is having a problem. I'm not sure what the exact model number is, but its the relatively cheap one that the builder installed with 6 jets and the air switch.

The problem I'm having is that the whirlpool will usually not turn on when you press the button. Every once in a while it will work or it will start to turn on(the motor runs for about a second) and then it turns itself back off. The motor seems fine because in the cases when the it does work, it will run for a while with no problem. So I'm trying to troubleshoot the air switch.

I took a look in the access panel, and from what I can see of the air hose, it is connected to the motor and the line seems unkinked.

Does anyone know of a way to remove the air switch from the tub so that I can inspect that part of it? I haven't been able to figure out how to actually get the switch out and I'd rather not break/scratch the tub trying. I don't have access to the switch from under the rim - so I'm hoping there is a way to remove it from the tub side.

Thanks!

Old 02-08-09, 09:27 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hello,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have installed many brands of whirlpools/spas from many different manufacturers, and to my knowledge, you must gain access to under the tub to make any repairs. Even the switch is mounted from the bottom.

This is the reason I always tell people installing these tubs to make access doors along the front and all sides possible for future repairs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: