Cracks in bathtub floor!!!

Old 02-26-09, 08:42 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cracks in bathtub floor!!!

Hello,

I just opened a can of worms... After peeling off a white plastic film/mat that was glued to the floor of my bathtub in my recently purchased house, I realized that that plastic was there for a reason. It was covering long thin cracks at the bottom of the bathtub. Apparently, the bathtub was not installed properly, and the tub floor has room to bow under person's weight.

Therefore, it looks like I have two choices - replace the bathtub or try to fix the existing one. I decided to go with the second approach after finding bathtub inlays on the web. Also, I just do not have extra money to spend on bath replacement at the moment... Anyway, I will be installing the inlay.

Here is my question. I can feel that the bottom (the floor) of the bathtub has some bow to it - more than it should. Does anybody know of any way I can "level" the bathtub floor and fill the bow before covering it with the inlay? The inlay will be permanently glued to the bathtub by following these directions.

Thanks!

Old 02-27-09, 05:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
the only way to get the extra flex out is to get access to the under side of the tub and push mortor under the area that flexes since it seems this tub was not installed properly

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: