any experience with touch activated faucett?

Old 03-07-09, 11:29 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
any experience with touch activated faucett?

Looking at Delta Pilar. Basically, you turn water on to temp you want, then by touching it the flow stops. then another touch and it will come back on. Like a lamp that works by touch. It is NOT run by 120V, it runs off several batteries, c or d I think. wondered if anyone has any experience/knowledge of this faucet or at least this technology. Father says stay away from it. He used to be maintenance man for school district and I guess they had these years ago. Of course, the kids weren't easy on any equipment. If the system stopped working, you could still use the faucett normally I suspect. FOr sure you could shut water off manually no matter which way touch valve got stuck, but you could not turn water on if the touch valve were stuck closed.

Old 03-08-09, 07:48 AM
S
Cool

Is this a OLD FAUCET THAT HASN'T BEEN USED, or a NEW MODEL THAT DELTA HAS JUST COME OUT WITH?

Delta doesn't normally manufacture JUNK.

If it is a NEW to the market faucet, DELTA WILL STAND BEHIND IT. CALL Delta, or drop them a E.

I wish you well,

Dale in Indy

Old 03-08-09, 09:45 AM
H
this is brand new faucet, they just came out with it I think. It has their new diamond valve I believe.

Old 03-08-09, 11:17 AM
nap
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I have never seen a "touch" control but there are hundreds, if not thousands of IR controlled faucets out there. The only real difference I would think would be how the control solenoid is activated. Either one would essentially have the same mechanicals used to control the actual water flow. The IR controlled faucets do not have any great problems, as a general group due to the solenoids that I am aware of. I have seen a few that I simply do not like in general but that has nothing to do with the fact they are IR controlled, just I do not like how they operate in general. (sensitivity is my biggest complaint)

Obviously Delta is one of the biggest manufacturers available and they have a rep as producing generally quality items (unless of course you intentionally purchase a bargain level unit which they also make but even then, it is of decent quality given the price point).

and no, typically if an automatic faucet stops working, you cannot use it in a normal fashion. Of course, you will have shut off valves below the sink to shut off the water should they be needed, right?

WOW!! $600+ bucks?

Pilar Collection of Kitchen Faucets and Accessories : Delta Faucet

I like the idea but I wonder about the "ability to tell the difference between a grasp and a touch" thing. What makes the difference to the controls? I also wonder about the ability to pull on the nozzle without causing water flow or stoppage. Since mineral laden water does carry current, if the faucet is wet, will that water carry enough current to cause the controls to see the pull on the nozzle to be seen as a tap to the neck of the faucet?

Neat idea but without some feedback from the public, I would tend to be cautious unless throwing away a $600 dollar faucet doesn't make you wince.

Old 03-08-09, 12:54 PM
H
yeh, maybe just too new to try. I didn't realize the retail cost. I priced it out using my plumbers discount and it was WAY less, but can't remember what the price was. I am getting my supplies at his cost.

Old 03-09-09, 09:43 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
ir tech is not the best imo. they need maintance often as they stop working and it could be in the open position or the closed. there are no handels for the layperson to turn it on or off. this faucet is new to the market if it is a touch control faucet and i havent seen it so i cant say if it has manual controls or not but it will be expensive when you have to repair it and it will need repair fairly often ill bet.

Old 03-09-09, 01:21 PM
nap
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
cruise up to the link I posted earlier plumber. It's a neat idea but I have strong reservations.

Old 03-09-09, 04:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by nap
cruise up to the link I posted earlier plumber. It's a neat idea but I have strong reservations.
ah i missed seeeing the link earlier.

i still believe it will be as troublesome as the battery operated commercial flush systems

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: