Jacuzzi tub air intake knob stuck

Old 03-10-09, 12:20 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

The knob that controls the flow of the jets in my jacuzzi tub is stuck (my husband calls it the air intake valve-is that right?). The jets work fine and have a decent flow, so I guess I'm lucky in that respect. We are getting ready to sell our house though and I'd like to fix this before it becomes an issue for someone else. It worked when we first moved in; I used it. Then one time it wouldn't turn. It's like it's locked, it won't go either way. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Old 09-30-10, 07:22 AM
R

Hi,
Did you ever get a response to this problem. I have the same problem. Our knob is stuck tight. We have an Oasis corner whirlpool unit, the right hand knob is the problem.

Thanks much,

Sue

Old 11-11-10, 10:07 AM
T
Fixing that Air Intake valve ona jetted tub.

The only method that I have found is to replace the valve. You can search for parts for you tub on google. I had to replace two, not too expensive. You have to gain access to the outside of the tub where the valve is. The valve is attached to a flexible pvc hose usually 3/4" using a standard 3/4" PVC fitting that you can find at any DIY store. You will have to cut the fitting off of the hose, stay as close the fitting as possible. Remove the valve from the inside of the tub, usually a couple of screws and some caulk holding it on. Take the broken valve with you to the store, to match up the fitting that you need. You can place the new valve in the tub, make sure you put a heavy coat of clear caulk around the hole. Screw it in. I would let it set over night before proceeding.

All setup... When you bought the fitting, you should have also bought sealant. Get the "rain or shine blue" cement. This is what the manufacture uses.

Always dry fit the fittings before applying the cement. If you dont' have enough hose, this is the time to know it.

Now, clean all the fittings with pvc cleaner, then apply cement. Once the pieces are together, give each one a twist to insure the cement has a good seal. Wait 24 hours and give'r a try.

Hope this helps.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: