Where can I get a replacement handle for this shower diverter?

Old 03-12-09, 09:10 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Arrow Where can I get a replacement handle for this shower diverter?

The attached photo is a shower from an old bathroom -- probably installed in the early 1960s. As you can see there's a handle or something missing from the shower diverter. Right now there's just sort of a nub.

If you pull out on the center pin, water flows to the tub faucet, and if you push it in, it flows to the shower. Anyone know what kind of handle or lever is missing -- and if so, where can I get a replacement? I know this is a long shot but any ideas would be apprecated! Thanks much!

Last edited by soben; 03-12-09 at 09:14 AM. Reason: added photo
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-09, 12:19 PM
S
The best way to address this would be to remove the diverter and take it with you to a plumbing supply that sells to the public or a hardware store with a large plumbing selection.

you could likely find a knob that would work but it would need to be matched to the tooth pattern on that stem,as there are many many varieties.

Also if there was a screw on the end holding the original knob on,look to see if it has broken off in the end.this would also determine what knobs will work and if you need to actually replace the diverter.

Old 03-12-09, 03:39 PM
J
That almost looks like a Speakman. No longer in business, but parts are available. They made top of the line quality solid brass fixtures. I have serviced a number installed in the 50's that are still in service. Local dealer is Weinstein plumbing supply, Wilmington Delaware.

Old 03-16-09, 01:00 PM
S
Thanks for the ideas. I will probably take it in to a local place to try to match it, but I appreciate any and all tips.