Delta Pullout Spray Faucet Swivel Stiff

Old 06-28-09, 06:38 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Delta Pullout Spray Faucet Swivel Stiff

Hi,

I have a Delta Pullout Spray Kitchen Faucet that used to swivel from side to side. Its around one and half year old. But over time the spout has become stiff and doesn't swivel from side to side.

Trying to see what could be wrong or if I can lubricate the swivel, I took out the lever handle, the ball and cap handle, but I was unable to take the spout part out. Its very stiff and doesn't move at all. I didn't apply force fearing I will break something. Does the spout come out and what cd be wrong.

As I said, it used to work but got stiff over time.

Here is a photo of the faucet.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by SamPower; 06-28-09 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-28-09, 07:34 PM
S
Looks like I can't attach or link to images. But I have a picture of the faucet if you want to take a look

tinypic [.] com/view.php?pic=qyek9k&s=5

Old 06-29-09, 08:22 AM
S
You need to post on a pic site like photobucket then post a link to that here.

Two possible ideas.One you already know which is lubrication the other is that there is likely something like an o-ring or similar gasket in the location that may be worn,pinched etc and may need replacement.Could be both is needed.

Old 06-29-09, 09:08 AM
S
Thanks for replying. May be I didn't make myself clear.

My question is
1. Does the spout of the Delta faucet come out.
2. Is there anything I need to do after I take out the handle and the ball arrangement to get the spout out. Currently when I take the top parts out, the spout still doesn't budge. Its stuck there like a rock.

Here is a photo of the faucet
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/a...tos/faucet.jpg

Thanks for helping.

Old 06-29-09, 09:43 AM
S
Suggest you go to Delta's site where a diagram of the faucet will tell you how to disassemble it.There is undoubtedly a way to remove that section and the section in the pic looks tilted like it's not level which may be part of your problem and suggests worn or damaged gaskets etc at the bottom of the section where it swivels.You may have to remove the faucet to do this and you should definately use some plumber's grease on it when you reassemble.Hopefully you know the model number as it will be easier to find the diagram.

Old 06-29-09, 10:29 AM
S
Called Delta and they said they will replace the faucet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: