shower no hot water, hot water everywhere else

Old 07-18-09, 06:14 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
shower no hot water, hot water everywhere else

Hi just today my shower quit giving me hot water, even when I turn all the way to the left. I"m including a pic of it.
There is hot water in every other room as well as the sink in the same bathroom as this shower. Thanks for any help.

Well image is not showing in this post so it can be seen here
Untitled Document

Old 07-18-09, 07:15 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
The mixer valve could be bad. Remove the knob. There is a screw behind the small cap in the center of it. Use a pair of pliers to pull & turn the stem. If you get hot water, repace the knob. If not, it could be the mixer valve.

Old 07-18-09, 07:23 PM
K
Originally Posted by Pulpo View Post
The mixer valve could be bad. Remove the knob. There is a screw behind the small cap in the center of it. Use a pair of pliers to pull & turn the stem. If you get hot water, repace the knob. If not, it could be the mixer valve.
To remove the knob, does it just screw off?

Old 07-19-09, 07:28 AM
Can't see the escutcheon screws in your pic. If they are at the 5 & 7 oclock positions, it it just a pull out Legend. The problem you describe is not common with this type. If the screws area at 8 & 2 oclock, it is a Moentrol, and under the chrome escutcheon, on the right side, you will find the head of the balancing spool. Unscrew and replave that spool.

In either case, use a knife to pop off the black cap, and the handle screw is under there. Then remove the plate.

Old 07-20-09, 01:30 PM
K
Originally Posted by 594tough View Post
Can't see the escutcheon screws in your pic. If they are at the 5 & 7 oclock positions, it it just a pull out Legend. The problem you describe is not common with this type. If the screws area at 8 & 2 oclock, it is a Moentrol, and under the chrome escutcheon, on the right side, you will find the head of the balancing spool. Unscrew and replave that spool.

In either case, use a knife to pop off the black cap, and the handle screw is under there. Then remove the plate.
Hi. Thank for the help, but I don't know what escutcheon screws are. Nor do I know what pull out Legend, escutcheon or balancing spool is.
There were 2 screws under the handle which I have take out, but that seems to have not done anything. The handle is still on. Only diff is no it pulls out a little farther. I'm pretty lost here. Thanks.

Old 07-20-09, 01:33 PM
K
Hi. I can't figure out how to remove the knob.

Old 07-20-09, 05:46 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
The cap in the middle of the knob, surrounded by the black ring can be removed with a small screw driver. Remove the screw behind it. Pull the knob as if you were going to run the water. The knob should slide off the stem, once it's all the way out. You can shut the water from the cellar if you want, temporarily.

Old 07-21-09, 08:02 AM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Cartridge inside is removable, replaceable and available - and may be free of charge. Keep us abreast of your progress, and if you need more help.

I just had a Moen out yesterday and took the inside 'piston' out from the inside of the cartridge and lubed the o-rings inside the cartridge to get it to work smoother.

Old 07-21-09, 02:40 PM
K
The cap in the middle of the knob, surrounded by the black ring can be removed with a small screw driver. Remove the screw behind it. Pull the knob as if you were going to run the water. The knob should slide off the stem, once it's all the way out. You can shut the water from the cellar if you want, temporarily.
Nice, I did it! Was able to get the knob off. Once I did I just used the pliers and turned the stem just slightly to the left, then replaced the knob and whala, hot water again.
Many thanks to you guys.

Old 07-21-09, 03:09 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Glad to hear it.
--------------------

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: