Moen kitchen faucet low pressure

Old 09-25-09, 03:02 PM
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Moen kitchen faucet low pressure

I have a Moen kitchen faucet Model 7560 and after 1 year the pressure is very low. I cleaned the 2 screens and the check valve. I was told that it could be something clogged in the cartridge. I disassembled the faucet up to removing the retaining clip but could not pull up the cartridge. I read that you need a cartridge puller. Is there any other way? Before I go any further, can the cartridge be causing the low pressure? Is there anything else I should check. Thanks for your input.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-09, 07:17 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tell Moen that you want a new faucet & be done with it. Most of the better companies have life time warranties & they are good at honoring them.

My answer is based on the assumption that the pressure is good everywhere else.

Old 09-26-09, 09:20 AM
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Thanks for the advice. The pressure is good everywhere else in the house.

Old 09-26-09, 06:13 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Does your faucet have a sprayer/hose? If so, you may have a divertor problem. Divertors can be bought separate, and replaced.

What is this check valve that you cleaned? Or are you calling a divertor that.

To get out the old cartridge, there is a little white cube of plastic that you slip over the stem and you turn that plastic some so that it forces the cartridge to break it's bond and raises up in the air like 1/8-1/4 inch and then you can thread the handle screw back into the top of the stem part way and latch onto the screw with vicegrips and yank out the stem without marring the stem.

They include that white plastic "tool" in the bag with a new cartridge.

Then if you have a receipt for your faucet still, you can return the old cartridge for reimbursement since cartridges are guaranteed for life for the original homeowner. I believe Moen used to be more 'no questions asked' years ago, but have tightened up on their policy more, now, with proof required -at least at the place of purchase. But they might send you a new one if you call the company and ask.