Hardware for installing a wall hung sink

Old 11-02-09, 04:24 PM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hardware for installing a wall hung sink

Hello,

I am replacing a sink with a wall hung china sink that's probably a few decades old and I am unable to find anyone locally who can tell me where to get the right mounting hardware for it. I'm also looking for a good source for faucet and handles.

I know it requires two legs in front, but the wall mounting hardware is eluding me. I am looking for some form of bracket I can attach to the wall so the sink can be set upon that (then I plan on gluing the sink to the wall and bolting everything down). I have never installed a wall hung sink before and would love any advice as to what to look out for, but most importantly I need to know where I might find the brackets I'm looking for.

I have linked pictures as i do not think I can do the sink justice in description.

The Back: IMG_0167 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The bottom: IMG_0166 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The Front: IMG_0165 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-09, 07:57 AM
L
You'll have to find a plumbing supply to get the bracket. You might try locating a Slakey Bros.

Old 11-03-09, 03:03 PM
V
Um, yes lefty, I have been looking at Plumbing supply places and have not been able to locate the bracket. That's why I posted here, to see if anyone knew what bracket to ask for and where I may find it.

Slakey brothers did not return my email and the phone rep needed the name of the part I was looking for to tell me if they had it.

Old 11-03-09, 03:09 PM
A well hung wall sink does not need the legs, but of course it doesn't hurt. The bracket must be securely installed to wood blocking in the wall. It you attach the bracket on the outside of drywall sheet, even it the screws are into wood, the sink will sag.

Old 11-03-09, 07:20 PM
L
variable,

We both know that you aren't going to walk into a big box store and find the bracket -- that's why I suggested Slakey. But for them to find it, you'll have to give them either the mfgr. of the basin or at least the dimensions of where the hooks have to be (or both). You might even have to take the basin in to them so they can figure out a bracket that will work for you. (I know that Slakey has at least one store in the Bay Area -- That's why I suggested them.)

This is not going to be a simple thing to find. Give Slakey a few days. You might also check the Yellow Pages, or even talk to a couple of local plumbers and locate another wholesale house or two around the Bay Area.