Second shower in master gets cold before hot water is gone

Old 11-19-09, 10:52 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wink Second shower in master gets cold before hot water is gone

Hi. My master shower has 2 shower heads. Both are Price Pfister and single handle (cannot control flow, only temp). One is a regular shower only setup with a neck and head and an escutcheon plate with handle. The other is a shower system with a slide bar and handheld shower head. In case you aren't familiar with this, it's an escutcheon plate/handle setup with a separate port/redirector to direct the water flow down to the hose and out the handheld shower head (no diverter since the only option for flow direction is out that handheld showerhead). The shower head is mounted on a bar and can slide to various heights.
Now on to the problem: The regular shower setup is fine and goes very hot and will stay hot for a long time. However, the handheld system doesn't get as hot from the start and then quickly drops in temperature. I think it's worse in the winter but we just bought the house in August and I may be imagining that. The water flow doesn't change, just the temperature. All of the other faucets in the house (including on the other side of the shower!) are still hot while this shower head has lost all of its heat. I know a little bit about how these things work and am eager to learn so if I know what to look for, I can troubleshoot. Any ideas? Suggestions? I'm stumped as to what might be going on and I'm not familiar enough with how these shower heads work to get a better idea on my own. Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 11-19-09, 02:11 PM
Shower Problem

I don't seem to be understanding your post.

Are you saying you have two control valves?

One that controls temp. but not flow?

Do you have any idea how the piping is roughed in?

I need more information, sorry.

Old 11-19-09, 07:04 PM
M
Hi. No, I have 2 separate shower assemblies in the same shower area. Each has a single handle control valve that only controls temperature, not flow. Both are Price Pfister but they are different types of shower heads. I'm having the problem with one shower assembly and not the other. The one that I'm having the trouble with is the hand held shower head. Does that help? I'm glad you answered me and I hope you can help! Thanks.

Old 11-24-09, 02:42 PM
My guess is that who ever piped out the shower valves didn't size the pipe right and or didn't plan the lay-out and now one valve is starving the other, I know that this answer isn't going to do you any good, sorry.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: