Help ! toilet shopping

Old 12-27-09, 05:24 AM
Help ! toilet shopping

We're looking to replace toilets,want to go elongated ,12" rough in,and concerned about size of trap way . Anyone have any input out there ,don't necessarily want to go power flush as there is added variables...?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-09, 06:59 AM
I replaced my toilets with 2 piece elongated, comfort height Kohler Cimmaron's. They are comfortable and efficient flushers. They are also reasonably priced.

Power flushers enjoyed some popularity when the shift to 1.6 GPF was mandated. Many of the early 1.6 GPF toilets just didn't work well. Design changes over the years have changed that.

Old 12-27-09, 06:59 AM
I have 2 Toto Ultramax elongated ADA height toilets with the 1.6 gal flush. Comfortable, never clog and high quality. Although mine are a little upscale I understand even their low end models are equally efficient and highly regarded.

Old 12-27-09, 11:22 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes Received: 2
I replaced my toilets (one harvest gold and one avocado) with elongated ADA height toilets. I went as cheap as possible, and pay for it once a week or so with clogs.
Look at the flush factor (1 thru 10) and get the highest you can. Both Toto (higher end) and the Kohler Cimmarons do fine jobs. I got one of the Cimmarons for my rental cabin and it is great! Will bite the bullet when I tile the bathrooms and get better ones.
You get what you pay for.

Old 12-27-09, 03:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
My home center had them start at 2.5 rating. I asked the person in the plumbing dept., 'what company would specialize in toilets and make/sell one that can't flush good.' ?!?!?! The person agreed and had no answer.

I (just)bought the 10, naturally. Even with the 5 rated ones, they only cost a little bit less. No way would those handle some of the Thanksgiving meals some people eat. Or if they ate lots of cheese first and got all bound up.