Grohe Ladylux Kitchen faucet, tighten?

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-09, 08:25 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool Grohe Ladylux Kitchen faucet, tighten?

How do I tighten the faucet to the counter? Spend 2 hrs at a friends house today and could not figure it out. I've been plumbing for 22 years and know I am missing something simple. The brass nut at the bottom of the faucet that tightens to the counter looks like a 1/4 Moon with a threaded circle that is screwed unto a 1/2" chrome tube (that the sprayer hose slides through) If I turn it more than 1/2 a turn I will cut off the supply tubes...

It is an old faucet, already installed. It is just loose and needs to be tightened.

Old 01-01-10, 12:38 PM
O
Disconnect the hose. Remove it from the chrome tube. Wiggle and pull straight up on the curved chrome tube to remove it. If you look down the part remaining on the faucet you will see that that brass tube is splined on the inside. The idea is to turn the tube from the top. Grohe provided a special tool with the faucet which might have been thrown out. It looks like a plastic hand wheel with a short splined axle. (sorry, poor description). If you don't have that tool you might be able to use a large flat screwdriver or some other "alternate tool."

Old 01-02-10, 06:14 PM
H
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Don't know why....

I have installed several Grohe kitchen faucets and some of these things continually loosen. Old is correct on how to retighten, but be careful not to tangle the spring when you take it off.

Old 01-04-10, 01:10 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Funny, this just came up in another forum. You don't have to remove the hose - just pull up on the spout to remove it. There are flats for a small crescent wrench on the brass - you can tighten from there.

Old 01-11-10, 09:00 AM
A
Great

Thank you guys. Went to my local Supply House, pulled a similar faucet off the display and found that odd tool to tighten the faucet with in the display box. (great description, OldGrouchy) You are all right, including steve_gro. You can tighten it with a 22mm wrench or crescent wrench. Sucks that Grohe only allows Suppliers to access their Service Manuals. Also, it will come loose again, hhmmm may have to think about recommending the Lady Lux...

Old 02-03-10, 08:26 PM
P
I've installed Grohe Lady Lux kitchen faucet by myself about 5 yrs ago just following enclosed instructions and it has been solid as a rock. I'm not a pro - just your average diy-er.

Old 08-26-12, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator
Received 62 Votes on 54 Posts
Original post has been answered. If you have a Grohe issue please start a new thread

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: