Stainless Kitchen sink.. What to get?

Old 02-27-10, 02:54 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Stainless Kitchen sink.. What to get?

Doing some remodeling and am looking for a new kitchen sink. We'll have granite countertops so it'll be an undermount sink. Needs to be a dual bowl.

The wife was looking at this one. Kraus KBU-24 32 inch Undermount 60/40 Double Bowl 18 gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink, Basket Strainer, Bottom Grids, and Towel

We're trying to stay right around $200. I just want to make sure we get a good sink and I'm not 100% sure exactly what to look for, what brand, guage, etc.

Any help, info, or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-10, 03:15 PM
That looks like a good sink.

Keep in mind that you can't use putty on granite, it needs to be silicone.

You will have to have the granite supplier install the sink retaining iinserts in the granite before it's installed; they will need to know EXACTLY what sink you are using.

Since that sink has two depths you have to make sure your drains will work, if they are too low you are o.k., too high and you are SOL, luck.

Old 02-27-10, 10:50 PM
A
Originally Posted by shacko View Post
That looks like a good sink.

Keep in mind that you can't use putty on granite, it needs to be silicone.

You will have to have the granite supplier install the sink retaining iinserts in the granite before it's installed; they will need to know EXACTLY what sink you are using.

Since that sink has two depths you have to make sure your drains will work, if they are too low you are o.k., too high and you are SOL, luck.
We haven't had the granite put in. We're having the kitchen and both bathrooms done. The granite place wants us to give them the sinks when they come to measure. They'll be the ones installing them when the put the tops in.

I Just want to make sure I don't put in a crappy sink. My wife has a tendency to drop things and I don't want a sink that's dented to hell after the first year, LOL.

Old 02-28-10, 02:09 PM
Depending what you drop in a sink, I don't think any are bullet proof. LOL