Housewide low water pressure

Old 03-22-10, 05:07 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Housewide low water pressure

Hi! We just moved into a 2800 sq ft manufactured home (I was basically told it is a triplewide trailer). The issue we are having is that the water pressure in the home is overall normal when NOTHING else is running. It could be a little better in the showers, but that could just be the shower head? Anyway, as soon as something simple as flushing the toilet or even turning on another faucet, the rest of the water pressure in the home is VERY low. My husband has turned on a bathroom faucet and the shower has almost stopped running. When the washing machine is using the water, there isnt enough pressure to wash hands in a sink. It is all over the home, if someone is using the water in the kitchen, the shower way on the other side of the home is affected too. Once that issue is fixed, I would like to be able to shower and not freeze or melt skin when water is turned on in another area, but I will settle for fixing the pressure first! Any suggestions??

Old 03-22-10, 06:00 AM
M
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Do you have a whole house water filter installed? If so then it could be clogged.

Old 03-22-10, 06:09 AM
R
No, no water filter system. We have city water and I have asked my neighbor if she has the same problem and she said no. The home is was manufactured in 2000 so it isnt terribly old either. I do know that when the owner was having it made (for a quick sale to make money and then the market tanked), he put in the cheapest items possible. All I know is that we have city water, septic tank....and a hot water heater...nothing fancy in this home, LOL.

Old 03-22-10, 02:08 PM
The first thing I would do is to check the incomming water pressure, if you have less then 50lbs that could be a problem.

The next thing to check is the size of the water pipe, may be too small.

Old 04-13-10, 02:33 PM
D
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You seem to have a supply problem, not a pressure problem. If you were to install a gauge in the system, it would probably read the same at your house and your neighbors as long as nothing was running. Could be the supply valve to the house is not completely open. Could be a kink or restriction in a pipe. Go back in the water system as close to the supply as you can and check the supply then move up from there. Process of elimination.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: