No hot water in guest shower.. moen

Old 07-24-10, 07:30 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No hot water in guest shower.. moen

ive removed the handle and back plate. about a year ago, the guy replaced the cartridge (or he said he did). I dont use the shower because its the guest one, but we have company and there is no hot water.

Ive checked the flow valves that go into the cartridge but cant get the one on the left to do anything. Does the cartridge need replaced again?

Included is a pic. I have the handle on for testing the flow valves which you will see on the left and right.

**nevermind, cant post pic.

dont know why,. but pic is rotated to right.

Old 07-24-10, 11:54 AM
Did you use something like PhotoBucket? the picture would really help.

Old 07-24-10, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Old 07-26-10, 04:46 AM
K
[IMG][/IMG]

**forum doesnt like tinypic

Old 07-26-10, 05:12 AM
K
and another without the handle straight on so you can see everything.
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 07-31-10, 02:24 PM
R
Looks like a pressure balancing valve w/ stops.
Could be as simple as your handle is upside down. Handle is supposed to be positioned so it looks like a water drop. The little raised area around the stem is a handle stop.It is there to keep the handle from turning too far so if its upside down it wont turn counterclockwise from an off position at 6 oclock to full hot at 9 oclock. Also most pressure ballancing valves have temperature limit stops that can be adjusted by rotating the splined cogs on the keystop around the stem body"little raised area". If you need a stem call 1-800-buy-moen, It is a 1225 if it pulls out to turn on and a 1222 if it rotates to turn on.

Old 09-28-10, 12:49 PM
N
I know this thread is old, but in case someone else searches for a solution. I had no hot water in the guest shower, and replaced the cartridge (Singe piece Moen) which solved the problem. Removing the cartridge was a problem though. There was no way to pull it out without damage to the PVC pipes and the Moen plastic tool simply broke off the tabs, it was just stuck in there. So, I made a extractor tool to simultaneously hold the valve and pull the cartridge out. Attached image. You can get parts from a hardware store. Screwing down the threaded dowels pulled the cartridge out since the dowels were bottomed out against the valve housing, or equivalently adjusting the threaded dowels and turning the screw. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by Noumenon; 09-28-10 at 01:14 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: