Strange shower problem

Old 08-09-10, 12:04 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Strange shower problem

I have a shower that is putting out scalding hot water only. This happened after not being used for a period of a few months. I replaced the shower valve cartridge at someone's suggestion thinking this might fix the problem, but it did not. It almost seems as though there is no cold water getting to the shower. With the shower valve cartridge out, we turned off just the hot water and no water would come out of the shower at all. We did accidentally find that cold water would come out of the shower (while the hot water was turned off) if we turned on the cold water in the sink in that bathroom!

Any ideas?

Old 08-10-10, 05:37 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Some of the newer shower bodies have a temperature control built into them. Do you know what make & model you have?

Old 08-11-10, 07:31 PM
K
Originally Posted by Pulpo
Some of the newer shower bodies have a temperature control built into them. Do you know what make & model you have?
It's a Danze, about 3-4 years old. I don't know the model number.

Old 08-12-10, 06:03 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Old 08-12-10, 07:47 AM
This may sound like a dumb question but do you have a shutoff valve off either on the cold supply line going to the valve or on the valve itself?

Old 08-12-10, 12:29 PM
Most of those valves will only work if both the hot and cold are on. The may have an adjustment that controls the amount of hot water, check you paper work to see how to adjust it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: