AHH oing to loose it Toilet, trickling, ahhhh

Old 10-18-10, 10:23 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
AHH oing to loose it Toilet, trickling, ahhhh

So I had a clog in my 2nd floor bathroom. It was also time to buy a new toilet anyway. I purchsed a new low flow toilet. I used an auger and pulled up tons of baby wipes my son flushed down the toilet. I new the clog was gone when after I pulled it up I was blaseted with sewer gas :-) Rag in hole, I figured the job was done. Scrap up old wax on floow, and bowl, reinstall wax ring, reset toilet... That was three days ago.

All flushing was perfect , until today about 10 minutes ago. Now the bowl will fill with water when flushed and you can hear "trickling". The bowl does empy in under 3 minutes, which to me sounds like there is a clog again!!! how can this be.

What should I do? Buy another wax ring, pull the toilet and auger the hell outta it again?

Im so aggrivayed!!

Any helpful advice would be great!

Thanks
Rich

Old 10-18-10, 02:59 PM
Sounds like a partial clog that wasn't removed the last time you worked on the toilet, you have to snake farther then what you did the first time.

Old 10-18-10, 04:18 PM
R
Note: The toilet and bathroom sinks all have their own vent and go straight to the waist line. The shower and downstairs kitchen sink, and washer machine... have their own vent as well and merge with the same waste line.

Update: I pulled the toilet off.

Then I poured water into the drain and after 2 or three pitchers it didnt go down.

I took a 1/2 inch snake 25 foot and went all the way down. No snags, nothing there. So I thought perhaps a venting issue.

Went on the roof. Felt the vent. No sewer gas escaping. Hmm to me sounds like something is clogged. So I had my wife watch the drain by the toilet and snaked a hose down there and started to flush with water.

Sewer gas came out of the toilet drain then started to fill.

Clearly a clog still. So I snaked the vent and there was nothing in there. clean as a whistle.

I know the main waist line is clear because the 1st floor toilet works fine, and so does the kitchen sink, and everything in the basement.... washer...

Help

Old 10-19-10, 03:01 PM
To repeat my original answer, you have a clog in your line! A 25ft snake is not long enough, you have to snake until you hit the stoppage or to the city conection.

>>>I know the main waist line is clear because the 1st floor toilet works fine, and so does the kitchen sink, and everything in the basement.... washer...

The pipe with the stoppage may be run on a different line before it connects into the main.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: