How to switch between shower and handshower without a diverter or in wall handle

Old 10-25-10, 11:01 AM
Unhappy How to switch between shower and handshower without a diverter or in wall handle

We installed new valve, 15" arm and rain shower head. So far, so good. Client insists she wants a handheld for rinsing her feet only.
I can't put a diverter on the shower head because the cord would be 15" out from the wall. The shower valve is hot/cold, on/off only.
Is there a way of shtting the shower when the handheld is used?
Does anyone make a handheld that has a diverter built in to control the shower supply?
If I break the wall from the back and install a supply line, how do I control the on/off?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-10, 02:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes Received: 2
Welcome to the forums! In order to use the rain head and shower head separately you will need a diverter. No way out. Now, one thought. You could possibly use a shower cut off valve and attach it to the shower head cord. That way, water would always come out of the rain head, and would come out of the rain head and shower head only when the button was pressed to the open position. Bottom line, with that set up water would always come out of the rainhead.
One thing else, if you are using a Delta valve, the rain head piping must be of copper for some reason. CPVC won't work. Just more food for thought while you look for a diverter.