Nasty clog in toilet

Old 12-17-10, 07:02 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Nasty clog in toilet

I'm sure any plumper must have seen this, but what's the solution ? One of the kids dropped a plastic object in the toilet and caused it to clog. Then they used a plunger to kind of solve the problem, but I think that made it worse as this object is now wedged inside the toilet somewhere. I used a household auger but this thing isn't going anywhere ! Will I have a better access if I take the toilet out and try to remove it from the bottom ? Any ideas appreciated. Thank you.

Old 12-17-10, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
If you can get the auger all the way in sometimes you can pull it back out with the auger. If you put the auger in and it only goes in alittle it may be wedge in the trap and if you remove the tank you might see it there. If the auger goes all but 6 inchs in it probably got pushed to the horn of the toilet and is stuck there. You will need remove the toilet. Now is a good time to replace if its an older toilet and you end up pulling.

I had one with a baby rattle. It was stuck half way. I change the toilet for the owner because we could not get it out. I took the toilet to the truck and wacked the side of it with a hammer. Viloa baby rattle....

Mike NJ

Old 12-17-10, 07:27 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Haha funny story ! Thank you very much for your valuable time and tips.

Old 12-18-10, 04:58 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Oooh, Morphin Rangers, they cause the best clog. They open up as they swirl down and you WILL NOT get them out via any means but a hammer. Done it several times.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: