Eljer faucet leak

Old 01-09-11, 11:32 AM
Received 12 Votes on 9 Posts
Eljer faucet leak

hi everyone

we have this kitchen sink:

with this faucet or whatever this part is called:

right where the black dot is on the white ring at its base, it is leaking every time we turn water on; there's minor leak on the opposite side. water is coming from the very base of the faucet.
Eljer website does not really help, as we bought house with this, so it's about 7 yo.
it is very very hard for me to get to it from the bottom, from cabinet. which i shall if i need to.
any suggestions on how to fix this? i am assuming, there's O-ring somewhere in the base, that leaks.
there's no apparent water leak into the cabinet. not that i can tell.

thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-11, 11:42 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Have never worked on that model before, but it would seem if you remove the ring with the dot on it by hand (unscrewing it) the long faucet part can be removed by pulling up on it. There will be at least one "o" ring around it that has probably gone south. Replacing them won't be that difficult, just make sure they are of the same size and diameter. Too thick a ring won't allow you reinsert the long tube in the holder. Let us know how it goes.

Old 01-09-11, 03:13 PM
Received 12 Votes on 9 Posts
got it.

that's a locking clip in the base:

it simply springs open.

result is this:

took fair effort to pull faucet neck off that tube. i replaced O-rings and lubricated stem and rings. rings were pretty much bust.
also, word of caution to those who will have to do same. all those manipulations on the top loosened up locking nut at the bottom of faucet stem. that happens to be on the inside of sink itself. took me a lot of contortion to get to it, as it's a double sink, cast iron, and sinks are joined together by some bars. better than working on a 91 civic though.

thank you for your help.

Old 01-12-11, 11:37 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
As you has described, it's due to the wear and tear of the o-ring. Orings are mostly in the connection part between the goose neck and the main body.